Monday, January 02, 2012

The New Year

In retrospect, 2011 wasn't terribly bad nor good for me.

I started a new job, lost a lot of weight, did a lot of running, and got to experience quite a bit.  It also wasn't the "best" year I've had and had plenty of downs will all the ups I went through.

Alas, time has come and gone and now it's time to focus on the present and future.

2012 has plenty of challenges for me - a lot of which are self imposed milestones.  The work I'm putting myself through now is an effort to prepare and gain the skills necessary to start my own company.  I'm fairly certain, I will never be happy working a corporate job.

I've never dealt well with authority and I'm too arrogant and stubborn to live my life making someone else rich.  No thanks.  Enough rambling for now...

I list out my yearly goals here in attempt to make myself accountable, and remind myself of what I'm working towards.

So without further adieu, here are my 2012 goals (in no particular order):

- Lose another 20 pounds.
- Make 20% more income.
- Sign up and begin grad school classes.
- Move into a bigger apartment / home.
- Master Selenium for automated web testing.
- Relearn Java, C#, and pick up some scripting languages.
- Run 12 1/2 marathons.
- Begin training and sign up for an Ironman triathlon.
- Get out of credit card debt completely.
- Visit at least 2 places out of state - better yet, out of the country.

In the coming days I'll detail in-depth plans for each of those goals and how feasible they all are.  Sadly, the one goal I feel will be tough is getting out of credit card debt, but let's cross that bridge when we get to it.

- Jonathan

No comments: